Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hi we have a hotpoint LFT 228A itegrated dishwasher it would

Customer Question

Hi we have a hotpoint LFT 228A itegrated dishwasher it would not program and had a flashing on/off switch and the number 1.an electrician friend of mine took the bottom front panel off and using a sponge and a towel dried all the sump out,when he switched it back on the number 13 came on then went dead now when it's switched on nothing works until the door is closed then after a few seconds the number 1 comes on (not flashing and the on/off switch is lit but does not work any ideas Dave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you today

Customer:

Please do

Jon :

if you were recieving the f1 or e1 error and the control pad was not working you are most likely experiencing the flood erro or control error.

Jon :

how old is your machine? and when you are having the issue is the drain pump running constantly

Customer:

m/c is 16 months old when the on/off switch and no.1 were flashing the pump used to kick in now the switch and no.1 only light up when I have shut the door there is no water now in the bottom of the m/c and pump does not run

Jon :

ok. thank you

Jon :

can you try this for me if you havent done so already?

Jon :

flip the main circuit breaker off to the machine and leave it off for about five minutes. then turn it back on.

Jon :

Then try to set another cycle and hit start.

Jon :

if it lets the water in let me know. then just monitor it and see if it will finish a complete cycle.

Customer:

I left it off for 1/2 an hour

Jon :

if it does then you just needed to reset the main computer of the machine. which happens from time to time.

Jon :

ok. so if the reset doesnt work then try this.

Jon :

again if you havent done it already?

Customer:

will do

Jon :

uninstall the dishwasher from the cabinets and tilt it forward at about a 45degree angle and put some towels down infront of it to catch some water.

Jon :

if water comes out then the drain pan under the machine is full and is activating the flood switch. and that will need to be compeltely dry before it works again.

Jon :

Try that and let me know if you get any water?

Jon :

if no water and still the machine gives the error and will not run change the main control. if the water comes out give it about a week or so with out use to let it completely dry out. then try it again, if it works then you know that was the problme.

Jon :

please get back to me here after you check it to let me know what happened. I will still be here if you are doing the checking now. if not, and you have to check at another time, just come back here when you can and let me know what happened and I will help you more.

Jon :

if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions now, please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating so that I may get credit for helping you. And if you have more questions after rating me positively please feel free to come back here at any time and ask any questions you may have and I will help you for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks.

Customer:

Hi Jonit seams to be doing it;s cycle now brilliant thanks!!! so much for your help Dave(rating left)

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Great!

Dave,

I am glad it worked for you. If you need more help please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thank you for the positive rating and very generous bonus as well. It is greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.

Thanks again.