Pitstop Appliance
Pitstop Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.
74052492

Hi,Im following instructions here for front loader LG but

Customer Question

I'm following instructions here for front loader LG but mine is model number WD11020D.
Got the top off but can't see anything resembling PCB in diagram. No lights on any circuit boards that i can see when plugged in.
Thanks
Will
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Pitstop Appliance replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what other post you are referencing, so I can't see the diagram you speak of. If you could direct me there with a link that would be great.

But, I will answer you with my experience with LG washers that have your symptom.

If the machine appears to be dead, and you are sure there is power at the wall outlet- open the door to the machine and give the tub a good fast spin with your hand. You should see the control panel light up as if the unit was working for a few seconds until the drum stops spinning and the unit blacks out again.

What that means, is that the control board located in the upper left rear corner of the washer needs to be replaced. When you take the top off, you will see it the back left corner. It is contained in a white plastic box. Once it is replaced, the unit will turn on and function again.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know. If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the link I googled http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/6aclv-lg-front-load-washer-won-t-turn-on.html
Wrt to your response,
Turning the drum doesn't produce any activity on the display (tried plugged in and not)

Thanks

Will
Ok,

There are 3 parts that can make your unit appear to be dead.

#1- Line filter

#2- Main control board (PCB)

#3- Display board

It is also possible you have a bad wire connection.

The power comes in through the cord to #1 then to #2 then to #3.

If #1 or #2 were bad, the washer typically will still light up if you spin the tub quickly.

I am attaching the offical LG troubleshooting guide for a 'dead' unit. At this point, if you are not comfortable checking the components yourself, you might need to call a service person. Show him these instructions as it may help.

If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Thank you.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So following that I get no red led light so presume the main PCB needs replaced.
Any links / advice to acquire this?
Is the Part number on board the 11 digit number 6970EC9284C?
Can't see any loose wires, all looks v secure.
Will
Here are the part #'s for your unit. Simply type them into a Google search to find many places to purchase them from.

The main control for your unit is part # 6871ER1078T

graphic

The part # XXXXX the front display interface is 6871ER2078A

graphic
Experience: Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't look like what's inside- I would send a photo but can't attach.
Anyway, the first numbers are the same, so I think that looks correct (the id on the actual board that I sent in the previous message)
Thanks
Will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question- does it definitely need display board too?
Thanks
Those are the part #'s for the model # you listed in the other thread. The main control board has a cover on it that you need to remove. The display control you won't see until you remove it from the panel.
No, you won't need both.. just follow that flowchart I posted above. Power goes through the main board before it gets to the display. If the main board is bad, no need to replace the display.