Pitstop Appliance
Pitstop Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.
74052492

Hi, I have a whirlpool 1200 electronic awg 345/4 washer dryer

Hi, I have a whirlpool 1200 electronic awg 345/4 washer dryer – it's started making a funny noise during the drying cycle and I can smell what smells like burning rubber? Can you help give me an idea of what it may be? Thanks

Pitstop Appliance :

Pitstop Appliance :

Typically what you are describing is a failing belt tension pulley. It will start to squeak and what is happening is it is stopping turning while the machine is running so the belt slips over the non-moving pulley and the friction heats up and damages both the belt and pulley.

Pitstop Appliance :

The solution is to replace the belt and pulley. You will feel the pulley is hard to turn, and not turning smoothly..and will have a groove worn into it.

Pitstop Appliance :

Hope that helps. If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Thank you.