Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Model is an eco-smart. I was washing a load of towels, left

Model is an eco-smart. I was washing a load of towels, left the house and when the machine was ready for the spin cycle, the towels were off center. the washer did not spin out or drain. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Follow these steps to get into diagnostics, report what you find:

1. With the power off, press and hold Wash Temp Down, then press Power at the same. The machine should beep twice and panel lights should come on. Release the buttons.

2. Press Spin Speed Up three times. The Slow and Hold lights should be on. If you miss it, use the Spin Speed Up and Down buttons to get the right lights on. The Wash Progress lights then indicate what is the last fault code via binary numbers. Add up the numbers per each light that is on to get the fault code. The numbers from left to right are 128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, and 1. For example if the 3rd, 4th, and last lights are on, the code is 128 + 8 + 1 = 137

3. Press the Power button to exit diagnostic mode when done.

Report back here what is the fault code, either by totalling the numbers yourself, or by stating which Wash Progress lights are on from left to right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I may have given you the wrong model, as I have no space for numbers.
All I see on the machine is eco-smart. energy star. I have found WA42T26GW1. maybe this info will work better as it is the model #. Sorry

Yes that is correct just follow the diagnostic procedure above. The status lights equal the numbers....so the 8 lights across the top mean 128, 64, 32, etc.. From left to right. There are no numbers actually displayed. Just the lights that mean a certain number..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am having trouble getting the spin lights to come on in the correct sequence. I had to unplug the machine initially to power down after first time of trying to get numbers

Ok when I say with the power off that just means press the power button so the lights go off you do not actually have to unplug the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still not able to get the hold and slow lights lite up together. But when the spin light is on hold, the 3 lights in the rinse cycle are lite. when slow is lite up the only light is the first light in the rinse cycle. not sure I am making it to diagnostic cycle.

Ok does the machine ever beep twice when you first press the buttons in the diganostic procedure. If it does that is going correct. Then just press the SPIN SPEED UP button until both SLOW and HOLD are lit...then you look at the display leds

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am getting the 2 beeps with the first step, but not able to get both the hold and slow lights to stay on. with slow lit up, only the first light in the rinse cycle is lit. with the hold light lit, all 3 lights in the rinse cycle are lit.

CLICK HERE...

If they will not light up you may have a controller failure. If you can not get it unplug the machine for 20 secs, plug it back in and advance it to spin. Press start. Tell me what happens. IS the water recirculating in the tub or do you hear a faint humming...listen closely to the bottom front right of the machine if water is not circulating. If it is not shut the unit off. You may have something jammed in the pump assembly of a bad pump. You would then have to get some water out of the machine. Unplug it and tip the unit back to get the pump out. Once it is tipped back go under the machine and try to spin the black impeller cooling blade by hand. If it does not look like it has been leaking the cooling fan impeller should spinning very free. If it does not something jammed in the pump. Let me know what you find
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I tried the spin cycle, it just hummed. took most of the water out of the machine. found the pump, and the impeller spins, but is not spinning as freely as I would think it should. took more effort than a fan blade should. Next step?

Ok you need to unplug the machine and remove the pump/. Remove the plug to the pump and the ground wire. There is a tab up by the base of the pump..you need to press it out and turn the pump counterclockwise. The pump will rotate about 1/4 turn and come out. Check inside to see if there is anything jammed in it or the sump area. Then put it back in and turn that tab will auto lock when the pump is back in place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are the bomb. I have my washer back. thanks for your patience, and directions I could use to save hundreds of dollars. review will be excellent. thanks again

Great all i ask is please rate my assistance, that is the only way I am credited
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.