Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag Jenn-Air Electric Smoothtop Downdraft Slide-In Range

My Maytag Jenn-Air Electric Smoothtop Downdraft Slide-In Range oven isn't working. I can't get the oven or broil selections to work or even activate 'beep' when I push the buttons. The cancel button and oven light are also not working.
The things that do work on the range are the convect button (but can't set temp or keep on), the clock, setup, back and enter buttons work. The oven vent, timers and stove top burners are functioning well. We have reset the breaker 4 times now but don't know what else to try.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today . Can you recheck the model number its not comming up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where would I find the model number?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

look underneath where the down draft fan is for a tag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

JES9900BAS

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay perfect ! Now what happens when you try to set the clock to bake ? Are you able to set the temperature or anything like that are nothings happening whatsoever ? No beep or anything when you touch the keys?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No beep or anything with certain keys: bake,broil, light cancel

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay but some of the keys respond? This is most likely a keypad issue, what I would like you to try because you really can't test the keypad without a special very expensive keypad tester take a hairdryer and put it on medium heat and go across the keys back and forth warming it up, massage the keys with the fingers see if they start responding. This is a tough one because you really can't test the keypad like I said without a very expensive tool. So we are going to try to do some tests and see if we can figure out of it is the keypad or not. In the meantime I am going to see if I can pull up the tech sheets which may give me a test I can give you to try also. Be back shortly, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hair dryer didn't work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , well the control keypad panel is bad. Touchpad and Control Panel W10206064 Main Product View did you receive any fault codes at all prier or after this issue ? did all of these keys stop working at once or one at a time over time ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All at once--no warning lights

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, heres a link where you can order the control panel. this is the best parts supplier on the web, they will take a part back unconditionally even if by chance you installed this and it didn't fix the issue, click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/W10206064/1472587?RCAID=1000065 order and replace the control. thanks and best wishes, Bryan