Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My matag front loader mah5500bww about 13 years old stopped

My matag front loader mah5500bww about 13 years old stopped in middle of cycle , code nd washer will not turn on makes a metallic ratchy noise then shuts off

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, nd is the error for No Drain.

First check for restricted drain system ,

kinked/ plugged drain hose or pump .

check for loose wires on the pump. if none are found check for power to the pump , you should get 120 V while this is in spin . it sounds like something is stuck in the pump from what you are describing to me , you need to take a look at your pump . Drain Pump 25001052        Main Product View Remove the hoses from the pump, unplug the pump and remove it from the machine. if theres nothing in the pump and it gets 120 volts replace the pump, heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/25001052/1033134?modelNumber=MAH5500BWW?RCAID=1000065

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right on the button. Saved me a lots of time and money ! Thanks