Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Washer MAV6200AWW. At the end of a full cycle,

I have a Maytag Washer MAV6200AWW. At the end of a full cycle, the clothes are in a full tub of soapy water as if spin cycle never occurred. Afterwards, if dial is then placed on the spin cycle, it spins out fine. If, instead, the dial is placed on the rinse cycle and then allowed to run all the way through, the spin cycle will not occur and you get the water again. This problem occurs whether the dial is set for Colors, Whites, or Delicates. (separate sections of the dial)
I have come across both explanations involving the lid switch and the timer, but I can't quite tell because none of the examples have my exact problem.
I recently replaced the thrust bearing because the spin cycle was very slow, and that seemed to solve that problem, but now this one is happening.
Thank you....Hal

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

When this occurs are you opening and closing the lid and then advancing it to the spin? Have you tried just turning the dial to spin without touching the lid at all? This is important because if it is the lid switch when you lift up the lid to check to see if there's water in it you are resetting the switch and then when you put this in spin it will spin. Try running a load and see if it goes all the way through to the end without spinning. Then

without opening the lid advance the timer to spin and see if it spins. let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the washer spins when advancing to the spin cycle without opening the lid, but I am not running a load at this time. Also, my wife tells me that the cycle worked when she occasionally lifted the lid to check on it.

Okay so when she lift the lid to check on it while it was in the spin but wasn't spinning and then it started spinning again when she shut it it's definitely the lid switch. Lid Switch Assembly 22003804 Main Product View this is a common problem on these machines. we replace a lot of these. you need to order and replace the switch. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/22003804/1000853?modelNumber=MAV6200AWW?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of your issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan