Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn-Air Pro-Style Double Oven Range. I used the

I have a Jenn-Air Pro-Style Double Oven Range. I used the self-cleaning feature and then the control panel does not work. I assumed it was in Sabbath mode allowed for 72 hours and retried again today. I was able to set the top oven to bake, and then since I was only testing - pressed the cancel button. Now the control panel does not work again.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good morning, have you tried a quick test to diagnose this ? Try this. Press and hold the upper cancel and broil pads for 3 seconds , once the control has entered the quick test mode release both pads press each of the following pads, one at a time. Bake, broil, keep warm, convect bake,convect roast, clean, cook and hold, favorite, timer, clock, other light, cancel, this will tell you an error code , if it does get me that code and I will see what the issue is . "note the instructions must be entered within 32 seconds of each other"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Went throught the cycle, the words "Quick Test" did not appear, but I assumed that it went into the quick test mode (?). No codes appeared or words appeared except when I came to favorite and the word "none" appeared. I now have the upper broiler oven on (I was able to turn it on much like I was after my first try with the "CLOCK" but am not able to to set the bottom oven.

Actually, now that I stopped typing to check the range(which was been beeping) I was to turn on the bottom oven and reset the clock.

Okay so is this working now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is working now. Any thoughts on what caused the problem after I used the self-cleaning cycle, is this something I should expect to happen again?

I think what happened was the computer had a glitch in the control, this sometimes happens, I'm not sure whether you will experience this again or not, if you do you know how to reset it now at least. By running the test program or trying to enter it you reset the clock and the computer, I think it will be fine but if you continue to have problems with it you may have to replace the control. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Thanks very best wishes, Bryan