Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an e-13 error and the front loading door will not r

I have an e-13 error and the front loading door will not release

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the E 13 error means the drain exceeded the time allowed by the machine control board , the first thing you need to do is check your drain pump trap, there is a door in the front bottom to access to drain pump , get some towels ready and open the drain by turning it counterclockwise and pull a trap out . check for any obstructions in the drain trap . clean and put it back in . then run a spin drain cycle. this should return to normal once this is draining correctly. to remove the excess cover insert a pointed object into the whole push in to release the latch and rotate the counterclockwise , graphic graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a hair twisty caught in there...but how do you get the drain cap back in?

You can insert the trap back into the pump? Or do you mean the cover on the front of the machine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It took numerous tries but I was able to insert and tighten the drain trap. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX worth the money.

your very welcome, have a great weekend ! thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It keeps reading an E-13 error at drain cycle. I've removed the drain trap several times but still same error after I remove drain, run only drain cycle and then restart a load.

okay it sounds like the drain pump is failing. do you have a model number so I can look that up ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about delay in getting back to you. I believe this is the number WFVUC645UC 18520624. I removed the drain cap again and there was a plastic string. Tried to start and an E17 error appears.

Most like theres more in the pump assembly ,I'm not finding an E17 error on the codes list.