Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My dishwasher fills up but then I can only hear the switch

My dishwasher fills up but then I can only hear the switch noise but no washing, no mo motor sound. What's going on ?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the full model number? look inside on one of the side walls there should be a tag thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

665.16662992

Thank's

Okay great. Now all you here is the timer ticking is that what you're trying to say but nothing is washing at all ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Exactly.

Okay so the pump is not starting, do you have a voltmeter? Can you check voltage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, where do I do that ?

Okay you need to take the panel off under the door, there are two screws holding this panel on it's an access panel for underneath the dishwasher. Once that is off you will need to unplug the pump motor and then start the machine and see if you are getting 120 V to the pump motor assembly, Pump and Motor Assembly W10428773 Main Product Viewyou should be getting 120 V.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which is + or - there is black blue yellow and gray wire

black and gray I believe should have the voltage. I need to see if I can find the wiring diagram.

try different wires while I look. this has a reversable motor for drain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get 120 v between the blue and the black

Okay and the motor doesn't run? That's not good, if you're getting voltage and the motor will not start it will need to be ordered and replaced. Here is a link where you can order the part. There is also a video there to show you how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-and-Motor-Assembly/W10428773/2002648?modelNumber=665.16662992?RCAID=1000065 good job ! Thanks very best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank's...I'll see if it's Worth buying a motor or a new dishwasher.

From where are you writing ?

I'm in Gaspé, eastern Québec, Canada

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just a cranky noise after the solenoid switches in...oh well...have a nice evening