Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore Electric Range model #970-698580 - This appliance is

Kenmore Electric Range model #970-698580 - This appliance is 4 years old.
When the oven was turned on it had a "runaway temperature" and the only way to turn it off was by disconnecting the power. After reading other posts:
- I checked the temperature probe - its fine.
- visual inspection of the oven control board shows a 'burnt patch' on the board.

Obviously, I need to order a new EOC as well as one of the electricial plugs that go into that board. This plug has two wires (orange and red) and goes to the element.
Can you get me some numbers?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you are absolutely correct, the EOC has a relay for both the oven and broiler separate relays , your relay is stuck but you can't replace just a relay , the relay for the bake has welded itself together . This happens quite often and you will need to replace the EOC to fix the issue , I do not see your model number on my model number lists I know this is a Canadian range and that's probably why, so you will need to look up the control for yours , water in replace it in you good to go . There's nothing on second cause that issue since you Artie check the probe you know that's not the issue. I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan