Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have a 1995 or 1996 maytag washer filled with water timer will

have a 1995 or 1996 maytag washer filled with water timer will not advance cycle put a new timer on it is getting power the soak light is comeing on but still will not cycle what else could be the problem

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening, your issue is the lid switch assembly. # XXXXX on this diagram. there is a fuse in this and that may be blown but if not the switch can still be bad. Lid Switch Assembly 22001682 Main Product View you need to replace the assembly to fix the issue. you can order this at the link below. ....

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/22001682/1468?modelNumber=LAT8624AAE?RCAID=1000065 this will fix the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what color of wire hooks to the right side of the fuse

it looks like a black wire but the wiring diagrams are sketchy . this is an old machine

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok that's what I thaught thanks alot

no problem, did you get it going ?