Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my lg washer model wm2301h is leaking from the bottom. any

my lg washer model wm2301h is leaking from the bottom. any suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening, so this isn't draining correctly either ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I noticed the water in the soap dispenser hasn't been draining well lately but didn't think much of it.

I came down after a second load of laundry today and there was soapy water all over the floor underneath the machine.

I checked the drain filter... and that's when a large amount (ie 6 cups) of water came out.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , one thing I think is going on is during the wash cycle the dispenser isn't putting the water into the drum so theres most likely a clog in the tube that runs to the drum , first you need to find out whats going on there. its possible that its the same issue and thats why you have water in the drain filter, the water maybe slowly going in and is letting water in after the load has drained. "in other words whats caught in the system" here a diagram of the dispenser,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I looked in the soap dispenser (ie took the drawer out and peered inside). I then followed that up with putting my hand into the drain space, and I didn't find anything clogging it.

with that information, what do you suggest I do next? how can I assess if there is a blockage?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
remove the top of the machine to access the dispenser lines. there are screw it the back on this to remove the top. once thats off you can check the drum hose. it runs between the dispenser and the drum. remove the hose or hoses and check to see if there clear. the dispenser will leak water if it cant drain down into the drum. heres a link to all the diagrams. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/LG-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WM2301HR/3204/0153200?searchedModel=wm2301h&blt=
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't remove the top right now. There is a dryer stacked on top of it and I would need assistance to do so.

If the lines are clear, what would the next steps be? where else should I look?

I don't think it's 100% the soap lines, because they haven't been draining for some time and today is the first and only time there has been water leaking from the bottom.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
you want to check the drum, the drain hose from the pump to the drum. check all the lines on the dispenser. the good thing is you will have the top off so you can run this and check for the leak. if you checked underneath and didn't see it , it may be comming from above. also check the valves. . leaks are the hardest thing for us techs to help with on line because we are not there, all we can do is point you in the direction we would go in. let me know what you find. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, using the diagrams as a reference, I need to check the dispenser lines F-323, F322, and F321.

it doesn't make sense to me that a blockage in the soap lines would result in a large amount of water coming out from the drain filter. Why? Would it be because of an accumulation of water over a long period of time or from a singular event?

I'm sorry for all the detailed questions, but I'm trying to create a troubleshooting plan for when I can get help to get the dryer off. I have the 3 diagrams printed off, so please feel free to use the parts codes on the diagrams as references.

when you refer to "check the drum" --> what am I checking for? leaks? cracks? mold? what numbers on the diagram? http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/LG-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WM2301HR/3204/0153200/F1101005/00002

when you refer to "the drain hose from the pump to the drum" --> are you referring to k342 on the diagram above?

are there any valves I should be looking for in particular?

Thank you for your help as well. It's very much appreciated.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well first you have to find the leak . its possible your fill valve is not shutting tightly and is allowing water to enter the machine when it off or when the cycle ends, but you have to start by finding the leak. if theres water entering through the valve it maybe overflowing the dispenser . you cant see that without removing the top of the machine.