The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

is this free?

is this free?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
I am sorry no. Do you wish to continue?
Experience: 30 years repairing appliances

You are on a subscription plan I see. In essence this is free in that case. Sorry for the confusion.I will need the units model number please. It will be in this format 3 lrge numbers, a period, and then 5 - 8 more numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

again. bleach solution remains in liquid chlorine bleach space when is over. what is the problem?

Sorry. I will need the units model number to determine what is wrong in your dispensing system.
Look around the door where it meets the chassis of the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

at the beginning i stated it is kenmore elite SM(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I am sorry but that is not a valid Sears model number.
All Sears model numbers start with three numbers, a period, and then five to seven more numbers. Something like NNN.NNNNNN Where N = a number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay. i have TYPE 111 and MOD 110.24992300 and SER CP 98004288. does that help?

MOD 110.24992300 is what I need! Thank you.
One moment please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

good! i put an extra "0" in SER #.

Okay. what you need to do is use a turkey baster and some boiling hot water and flush out the hose that goes into the bottom of the wash drum from the cup on top of the unit. Once the hose is clear it will drain the bleach into the wash drum properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you. i will try that. won't i need to drain as much as possible from the cup on top of the unit first to make sure as much hot water gets into the hose as possible? there's no need for me to get into the hose itself, is there?

No to both questions. Any overflow will go into the washer. The hose is connected to the bottom of the cup. Just stick the turkey baster in the hole and flush it out till it drains into the machine.