MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

GE Profile is reading 88 and 88, how do I reset?

There is no reset for this problem. There is a communication issue between the dispenser board and the main board on the back. The most common issue here is a bad connection in the wire harness that connects from the freezer door at the bottom to the wire harness on the fridge. Access it, take it apart and make sure nothing is corroded- if it is just splice the wires together using whatever you want to and get rid of the connector.

If that connection is fine then all you can do is get both boards and replace each to find out which was bad as there is no test for this issue. Repairclinic.com allows returns of parts even if installed, so that would be who to buy from in this case.