Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a KitchenAid microwave combination, Model KEMS378SSS00,

I have a KitchenAid microwave combination, Model KEMS378SSS00, and started getting erro code F6E0 on the microwave. Replaced the control board, W1012227. What might else be worng?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today..

I'm not seeing control board number W1012227 where did you find that part number. ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got that from the user manual parts list. I ordered the part but the orignal part number changed to W10398151, control, elec

oh okay, so you replaced this ? Main Control Board W10398151 Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I replaced the board. Wondering if it may be board W10120228 or a fuse?

okay well this could be either the keypad cable, (the one that runs between the control and the glass keypad) or the keypad is bad.unfortunately. the keypad is number on the diagram at this link. check for a loose cable first.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have pulled the cable and checked for loose connection and nothing loose. Is this cable the same as the one for the lower oven?

boy thats a tough one. they don't show much on this. the parts list don't show it either. can you see them both ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. i can see both and just switched them and still receive the same error message.

okay the keypad is bad, sorry for the bad news