Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Gold side by side, with an in-door ice maker. My

We have a Gold side by side, with an in-door ice maker. My sister-in-law emptied the ice bin last week and since then...no ice. We are getting water from the door, but no water to the ice maker. I have: checked the line, unpluged the unit and pluged it back in. Checked to see if the bin was in and the sensors do work. I need help ;o)

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Also, could I get the model number? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model number GS6SHEXNQ00

Yes all of the lights work as described.

There is no ice or water in the mold.

White fingers are under the horizon, facing forward.

OK perfect, so it sounds like the icemaker should be set to cycle and the emitter boards are working. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube above the icemaker (black rubber tube on the right side) and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

You can also follow the water line down the back of of the freezer behind the unit down to the electronic water valve. If you disconnect this water line and blow through it, you can make sure the fill tube is clear.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great..thank you!

Not a problem and good luck to you.