Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My refrigerator Whirlpool MOD ET6WSKXSQO3 stops keeping cold

My refrigerator Whirlpool MOD ET6WSKXSQO3 stops keeping cold the lower area and the freezer had a lot of ice at the back and around the evaporator. What can Ido?
I need to switch this to appliance questions. Please bear with me I will be right back.
Okay I'm back now, so you let this sit overnight and now there is no more frost around coils in the freezer section correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay will you definitely have a defrost issue with this, there are a couple of things it could be the problem. One would be the defrost thermostat which is the most likely cause. The second cause could be a bad heater, that's more rare however. And the third thing it could be the defrost timer itself. Give me a few minutes and I will get back to you with those parts. In the meantime make sure the refrigerator is plugged back in and I'd like to see what the frost pattern looks like after about 15 or 20 min. on the coils.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After one hour the frost around the coils is little and uniform. I'm keeping the evaporator cover out.

well okay, for this to start cooling correctly the evaporator cover needs to be back in. The most likely reason for your Frost issue is this, Defrost Thermostat W10225581 Main Product View Here's a link to the part and a video on how to replace it, this is the most likely cause, you can test it with a voltmeter if you have one while its still on the coils and cold take the volt meter and check for continuity. it should have continuity . same with the heating element.Defrost Heater Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewplace the defrost timer. Defrost Timer 482493 Main Product View you can get all those parts at repair clinic . thanks and best wishes, Bryan