Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a model MFI2067AES fridge installed in an Itasca motorhome.

I have a model MFI2067AES fridge installed in an Itasca motorhome. I have water leaking from the plug, bypass PN 12664501SP... How do I remove from the water lines??? I have removed the surrounding plastics.....

Thanks so much,
Mike Boyt

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

on this the whole water tank has to come out with the bypass. are you trying to remove the whole setup ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, just the plug, that's where the leak is located..

so you just want to remove the bypass plug and thats it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will remove and replace... assuming I can get a new plug in Macon, GA...

yes and the part number is XXXXX <a href=Water Filter Bypass Plug 12664501 Main Product View" width="417" height="327"/> if they don't have it you can order this on line @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Filter-Bypass-Plug/12664501/915426?modelNumber=MFI2067AES for $4.25 .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I remove the plug from the waterlines???? That was my question????

okay sorry.It is very easy 1/2 a turn and pull down during the turn . . if your having trouble it's stuck / they do get almost to tight to turn . but they will . give it another try . turn counterclockwise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just looked at the plug.. I do not have that installed as I have a filter.. If the place where the filter is installed is leaking, it looks like I have to replace the whole water assembly... Correct???

Actually no you don't have to replace the whole assembly just the filter. Water Filter UKF8001 Main Product Viewit comes out the same way. usually its the filter that causes the leak not the filter housing it fits into.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will it leak if I have the bypass plug in place?? I don't have a plug, but I could buy a new filter... It does leak a small amount if the filter is removed and no plug is installed.. Is that normal??

well it can leak a small amount with the filter out. normaly what happens is back pressure from a clogged filter makes these leak, I would try a filter first. if that doesnt work come back and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I will replace the filter. How do I get hold of you if I have more questions on this issue??? Again, Thanks so much...

just come back and reply , I will get a notice. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Filter did not fix the problem!!! Does that mean I have to replace the water tank????

Mike Boyt [email protected]

XXX-XXX-XXXX

unfortunately yes. heres the link to the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Tank-Assembly/12956202/1401909 I'll get you instructions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Saw the part on amazon for $34.. Do you have any experience with them???

actually I don't,I've never had to change one. these don't leak usually, I'm looking for some instructions, it may come with instructions anyway.give me a bit.
I cant find any instructions. hopefully it comes with them.the worst that can happen is you may need to splice the new one in with quick connects. Like I said before Lowe's carries the connectors. thanks and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan, thanks for you help.. Guess your worth the $38.. I probably wouldn't have been so brave without your backup!!!