Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Samsung gas dryer model DV328AGR. The exhaust is

Customer Question

I have a Samsung gas dryer model DV328AGR.
The exhaust is all clear from behind and I cannot see anything in the vent inside the front of the drum but the heater will go off 3-5 minutes after firing.
There is a loud click or click-click-click like a coin tumbling in the tub and the flame goes off.
Restarting within a couple of minutes the igniter comes on at all.
Waiting longer to try the restart will let the igniter and heater repeat the 3-5 minutes on.
I have the vent tube off of the back completely and there seems to be plenty of air flow.
Could there be something blocking flow inside the vent in the front part of the drum that I cannot see or what might you suggest?
Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.. Good morning, If theres plenty of airflow blowing out the back its not clogged inside, the clicking you hear is the relay board, unfortunately this needs to be replaced, Main Control Board MFS-DV327L-00   Main Product Viewthe relay for the igniter system is bad. you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/MFSDV327L00/2024498?modelNumber=DV328AGR?RCAID=1000065
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Just trying to educate myself, but what would lead you to say the relay board and not something else in that circuit like the Thermostat Hi-Limit, Radiant sensor or etc.?

Couldn't they make the relay kick off as well?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the board sends a signal to and through the high limit and the flame sensor and the back to the relay. what you can do to make sure is bypass the high limit and try running it (for a test only ) do not run dryer to dry clothes with that bypassed its a safety. if the problem stops then it bad but usually when these fail they fail and don't run sometimes and then run. and the flame sensor they (radiant sensor) are either bad or good no in between.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I bypassed the Hi-Limit and got the same results so I ordered the board.

It came in today, I installed it and got the same results.

I bypassed the radiant sensor, same results.

I checked across the pink and orange wires on the wiring harness at the main board per a troubleshooting guide to check the ohm meter went to 0.0 ohms.

Any ideas?

I tool the leads off of the moisture sensor near the drum door, connected them to each other and when I ran it again, there was whole lot of clicking from what sounded like the burner area and the burner kicked off again as it has been doing.

I did not try running it with the moisture sensor just unplugged.

Trying on normal or timed dry gets the same results.

By the way, when it clicks a couple of times and the burner goes off, it does not sound like the clicking is coming from the main board area.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
thats not good,the only other thing I can think of would be the gas valve itself, can you tell if thats whats making the clicking sound ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could not really tell for sure.

I can try running it with the front panel off tonight when I get home.

Will I have to jumper the door switch to do that?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes you would need to jump the door switch. Sorry the board wasn't the issue, I would send it back, repair clinic will take it back. hopefully we figure out whats going on and you get the new part ordered right away.