Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Amana gas range model AGS730L and there seems to

I have an Amana gas range model AGS730L and there seems to be significant delay in the oven starting to fire.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, Good afternoon, this is a common issue with these, your oven igniter is getting weak and is having trouble opening the safety valve. Oven Igniter 786324 Main Product View you need to replace the igniter . this is located under the floor of the oven. these are delicate so be careful not to bang while installing. heres link to order the igniter. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Igniter/786324/1191 these need to draw a certain amount of amps to open the valve. thanks , Bryan
I was wondering if you received my answer. the site was having issues and I'm not sure if you did.please let me know if you need more assistance. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the part that you told me to order is incorrect. the existing ignitor is approximately 2 3/4" long and the part you suggested and I ordered is

5 1/4" long

I'm so sorry about that, is this the one you need ?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
for some reason it came up wrong on the site. Did you order it at repair clinic ? they will return it and send you the correct one. heres that link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Igniter/74007498/949510?RCAID=1000065 sorry for the confusion.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ceramic portion is approximately 2 3/4" long, the entire ignitor is approximately 4 3/4" long

they may have discontinued your exact igniter. although the one I showed you does work in your oven. What I would do is call repair clinic @ (800) 269-2609 and ask them to double check your igniter. they will get you the correct one. I'm so sorry for that.