Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Why does My refrigerator beeps once every 15 mins or so.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the filter has been reset and the light is green now on it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The filter icon is no illuminated

okay good. do you know the actual temp inside the refrigerator and the freezer sections ? with an independent thermometer ? not the digital readout. can you open the freezer and take a look at the back wall behind you food and see if theres any frost on the back wall ? any at all ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only have the outside read out. I don't see any frost on the back wall of freezer. I did have a problem with frost about 6 months ago, but it never had an alarm. i removed the back panel and removed a lot of ice build up.

okay for some reason this seems to have a defrost issue at times although not all the time which indicates a main control board issue (unless you left the door open in the past and thats when it happened) at any rate the beep is a warning that the temp is rising.its an alarm meant to tell you when theres an issue. there should not be any ice buildup behind that panel if everything is in working order. its funny how the alarm didn't go off the first time. can you get a thermometer to put in the freezer and check the temp that way ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just did that. I do think there is other problems with the control board. Every once in a while the iside lights, in the fridg don't go off for a couple of days. I chenged the door switches, so its not that. still waiting for temp reading

yes for sure its a control board issue. the control board runs everything including the lights. if you have replaced the door switch and theres still an issue you need to replace the control. I'll send a link to where you can order it and diagrams in a minute
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Are you pretty sure that's it,cause i know that's an expencive part.

heres the part link and they give you a full year warranty and also take returns even if its been installed no questions asked. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/6871JB1375H/1515014?modelNumber=LRFD22850SB?RCAID=1000065 its located in the back of the refrigerator and is part number 501 A on this diagram.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I purchased and changed the control boad that you suggested. I am still having the same problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is anyone there?