Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Good morning! We have a GE dryer mod.DPSE810EG7WT It is

Good morning!
We have a GE dryer mod.DPSE810EG7WT
It is performing well but has developed a "squeak" in the drum (sounds like a belt)
Should we be concerned & if so, how can we fix the squeak?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to start, dryers don't spin fast enough like a car or truck belt to cause the belt to squeak. On this GE dryer, if it begins to squeak it generally means that the rear drum bearing is going out. The noise will get worse and worse as time goes on it will be unbearable. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue. There is also a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to replace the bearing at the back of the drum.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.