Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

washing machiine wont unpause

washing machiine wont unpause
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a fairly common problem and easy to fix. When the problem progresses to the point you see now, PAUSE will flash on the screen to tell you that it thinks the door opened after you press the start button. You just need to order and replace the door latch behind the front panel of your washer to fix the issue. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

then why will it be intermittent

because there is a PTC sensor inside the latch and sometimes it might send a good signal while other times it will not. Electronics only fail in a "black and white" type of situation about half the time when they fail. Just as often they fail in a more sporadic fashion.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and what is the cost of the sensor

You can't replace just the sensor, it comes as the entire latch which is what I linked to you before. The part is $71 and below is a link to the part again.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

willthis item need a wire harness and is it possible slamming the door would break it

This model will not need a wire harness---that is only needed on older models. This latch is all plug and play.

As for what can cause the latch to go bad, slamming the door, pulling on the door before it unlocks, or just out of balance cycles where the tub hits the latch are all possible reasons that the latch goes bad.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could it be that the wire is loose

Very unlikely, so unlikely that I've never seen it---but you're more than welcome to check.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hate taking so much time and so many questions but im a truck driver and trying to fix this out here onthe road is a real pain in the a**.trying to cover all the bases. thx a lot and you will get the best rating

That's quite alright. There is no harm in asking questions. If you need anything else, just let me know.