Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a cabrio dryer mod#wed6200SW1 type:DSSL-ELE-2406026-EL54

We have a cabrio dryer mod#wed6200SW1 type:DSSL-ELE-2406026-EL54 SER#M01749103. After power up all lights are on as usual, when we press start nothing happens but all lights are still on. Even after holding start for 2-5 seconds we here a small click in the relay but still does not start turning. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if you don't hear the motor running and you just hear a small click--chances are your thermal fuse is bad. Below is a video that shows you how to access and test the thermal fuse on this dryer. If it's bad, replace it and make sure your vent through your house isn't getting clogged slightly because that is generally what causes the fuse to go bad.

CLICK HERE for video

If the fuse happens to test good, just let me know.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for suggestion,however I'm running out of time this evening,after school event with son at 7pm, will attempt thermal fuse test tomorrow after work. Will rate tomorrow.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good. Good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard back from you so I was just curious how the dryer was doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tested ohms on thermal fuse it read 00.0 what next?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You'll need to check the door switch and see if the door switch makes continuity between the terminals on the door switch where the blue and white wires connect when the door is shut. If so then you need to test the blue wire coming off the control board in the control panel for power when the dryer should be running. If the blue wire has 120 volts, replace the motor. If the blue wire doesn't have 120 volts, replace the main control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door switch was fine. Went to check the 120 volt on the line, decided to open the control panel instead, found schematics, wiring diagrams and tests to run. Started to run the diagnostic test, everything was fine. Retraced my steps, reread instructions, retested thermal switch and checked continuity (not ohms as instructed by video) after that it was easy, order new thermal switch, install, happy wife! Your instructions were correct ,video a little misleading, problem solved.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome. Either way I'm glad it's all back up and running again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wife just completed forth consecutive load,last load were bed sheets. She had it set on medium,the sheets came out exsessively ho
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

excessively hot? Either your vent through your house is partially clogged, or the cycling thermostat (also known as the thermistor) isn't cycling the heat properly and needs to be replaced. Runa cycle without the vent connected and if you still have issues, replace the cycling thermostat. Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.