Pitstop Appliance
Pitstop Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.
74052492

I have a Thermador GSV30CV. The snorkel up/down switch is not

I have a Thermador GSV30CV. The snorkel up/down switch is not working (part# XXXXX I pulled it out and cleaned it as best that I could. It now will go up but not down. A replacement part is no longer available from the manufacturer.

Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Pitstop Appliance replied 1 year ago.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

hello,

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

Switch 14-31-271-02 subs to part # XXXXX

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

It appears the 'new' part # XXXXX XXXXX as well, but if you give me a minute, I will see if I can find a source for it for you.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

Well, unfortunately even using the more recent part #, I am unable to find a source for the official part.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

The good news however, in looking at the picture is that is appears to be a common 3 wire rocker switch.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

Although you may not be readily able to find one in the exact same color, you should be able to check on a search engine for an electrical supply house close to you that would have a switch that will fit the space and function. (probably in black however)

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

One of those wires is the input, and the other two are output. One output makes the unit go up, the other down. The switch is just directing the power where to go. Think of it as a railroad splitting at a Y and going left or right.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

You might consider trying your local radio shack. I see they have several similar switches listed on their website which could work.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

Similar to this-

Full Size Image

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Pitstop Appliance Repair :

If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Thank you.

Experience: Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.