Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool GU2455XTSQ3 dishwasher. It is not cleaning

I have a Whirlpool GU2455XTSQ3 dishwasher. It is not cleaning and water is not going to the spray arms. The pump seems to be running and it works to drain the tub. The spray arms are not clogged and I cleaned out the tub. What could the problem be?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.