Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

My icemaker will not dispense ice. It will make ice but will

My icemaker will not dispense ice. It will make ice but will not dispense it out the door opening. Is there a way to check the motor to see if that is a problem. All electrical fittings seem to be okay and the lights work. I pulled the motor and put the connecting rod in it and turned it with a wrench and it seems to turn but is either not getting power or is burned out. Any ideas?

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
My name is Woody.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer.
It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do.
This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.
But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort.
Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley face click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

May I have the units model number to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have it in front of me. Will have to check when I get home tonight. The part number on the motor is(NNN) NNN-NNNNif that is of any help.

unfortunately not about 3/4 of all the in door ice models made use that same motor .
approx 50-75 different models.
I will wait to hear back from you, just replay back to this URL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model is KSRG25

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you thats a start but only 1/2 the number .

it does drop it down to only 71 differant Kitchen -Aid model with that first part of the model number .

But it gets me to be able to assist you if you check voltage from the Blue wire to the white wire . with the freezer door switch taped down so it thinks the freezer door is closed .

And press the lever calling for ice and test those two wires for 120 volts A/C to the dispenser motor .

let me know what you find ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 120 Volts.

ok if you have voltage when pressing calling for ice the it is a motor issue .

if you need a place to order the motor from here is who most of us recommend .

CLICK HERE for part info

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it ordered. Thank-you

ok good ,glad to assist you .
and thank you in advance .