Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold refer and the water inlet tube sprung a leak. How do I disconnect the tube from the water filter housing? I can reach where the inlet tube enters the housing but there is no hex fitting or anything. Do I have to replace the whole filter housing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You will need to replace the entire filter housing I'm afraid. It's difficult to disconnect the water line however because there is just not a whole lot of room. That being said, to remove the water line, there is a plastic ring around the water line where it connects to the filter housing. You must push IN on this plastic ring and pull out on the water line (sort of like a chinese finger trap).

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.