Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kitchen Aid Model: KUDS301IVBT4 - I noticed soap layer (wet)

Kitchen Aid Model: KUDS301IVBT4 - I noticed soap layer (wet) after all cycles complete. Dishes clean without soap film...look normally clean. When inspecting bottom rotating 4-bar cleaning arm, found it doesn't spin freely without hitting plastic-gray water-distribution "box" at bottom-back of washer. This arm may spin freely when pressurized with water, forcing it upward, and only contacts the bottom-back when pressure stops (explaining marred plastic and hitting when spinning by hand). Screen under bottom spinner is free of any contaminates, and drain line is unrestricted. Unit 2-1/2 years old.
Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you! Carl
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

That bottom arm will hit the water supply tube without water pressure---this is not a problem. That being said, can you explain what you mean by " I noticed soap layer (wet) after all cycles complete"? I'm not sure where you are seeing this soap layer or what you're talking about exactly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The soap-bubbles layer covered the bottom of the washer. Never noticed this before.

Soap bubbles? Dish detergent doesn't actually create bubbles. So that means either hand soap is getting inside the dishwasher or possibly too must jet dry (rinse agent) is being dispensed? Did someone accidently fill up the rinse agent with dish soap? If not, try to turn the rinse agent setting to the minimum setting. And if you still get suds, youd want to replace the dispenser because it must be leaking out too much rinse agent at the end of the cycle.