Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

kenmore XXXXXXXXXXX water came in through vent from storm board

kenmore XXXXXXXXXXX water came in through vent from storm board was still on set time came back hour later and there was no display on board checked fuse good checked microswitches when you close door good it didnt look like the electrical componenets got bad wet. what should i look 4 next?

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
My name is Woody.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer.
It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do.
This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.
But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort.
Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley face click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

May I have your model number all I got was xxxxxxxx send it like this 123 . 123456

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

72180043700 kenmore microwave water came down through vent duct into microwave little water got on electrical parts that i could see checked fuse ok 3 microswitches show ok board was on when i found leak from storm set time on it came back an hour later and no lights on board wont do anything now

When you the fuses are ok .

How did you verify the fuses are good ?

did you just ohm them out or check them for voltage in and out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there more then 1 fuse i checked the 250v 20amp checked continuity removed fuse jumped with alligator clips

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

checked continuity jumped fuse holder with alligator clips

ok only one fuse .
and did you check for voltage at the control board on black wire L1 to ground?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok lets check voltage to the control board ,and see if we have voltage there or not ?
again it is the black wire marked L1 check the to either chassis ground or Neutral on the control board
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got power to board

ok so voltage to the control but no display .

you have a faulty control board ,

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for part

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Put new board on open door light turns on in side two : lights on board like this : won't set time or do anything else

ok so now at least the board lights up it did not do that before correct?

And are you sure the flat ribbon connector from the touch pad is plugged into the control ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok if none of the keys on the touch pad do not respond and they are connected ,we know the control is good .so the water had to have shorted the keypad also .

Would you like a part number for the keypad ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sears shows it as part number ACM34112802