Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE Microwave reads "Keypad Shorted - May need serving".

My GE Microwave reads "Keypad Shorted - May need serving". Is this a problem I can fix myself?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're handy you can repair this yourself, but it's not a cheap repair at all. The entire touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced if unplugging the microwave and plugging it back in doesn't solve the problem. That being said, to replace the touchpad, unplug the microwave. Below is a video that shows you how to take the vent panel off above the door and then the control panel to the right of the door so that you can replace the touch control panel. The video is of a Whirlpool microwave, but the process for disassembly is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.