Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

Ice maker works, but no water. Water in door fine good pressure.

Ice maker works, but no water. Water in door fine good pressure. What is the problem.

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
My name is Woody.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer.
It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do.
This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.
But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort.
Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley face click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

so you are saying the icemaker is not getting water correct ?

and there is no ice in the icemaker mold .

And are you handy and do you have a volt-ohm meter ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is correct.

Yes I do have a Volt-ohm meter and am handy.

ok remove the front white square cover on the icemaker and test voltage at the icemaker at L to N looking for 120 volts A/C
Did you get my reply?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it. I will look at it after work today.

ok no problem !
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need you to go ahead and tell me what you are thinking and how it can be resolved. You have gone ahead and gotten the $30 for the question, so give me the whole answer, no more Q&A. I have a vole meter as I already said. Tell me what to do either way of the outcome. Mostly should I go get a new ice maker or is it a water delivery problem. it it is the later then hoew to go about locating the part. If you feel you cannot respond to my request, we are done, I will consider the $30 a loss, and I will contact the Just Answer with my dissatisfaction. Sorry to be like this but I just wanted my icemaker fixed.

I sorry you feel this way the last I heard from you was on 4/2 @7:46 a.m. and you where going to contact me after work .

All I was doing was waiting on YOU to get back to me .

And I do not do anything with money the $30.00 ((deposit)) you made to Just Answer.

The expert does not get paid until you the customer rates us on your answer.

And appliance repair is just not (oh replace this part) you will have to investigate to find what is the issue .

So pull the front square white cover off the icemaker.

take your meter and test L to N for 120 volts

if you have the 120 volts A/C ar L to N , then take a small insulated wire and jump T to H once the icemaker gear starts to move,, if it does not move then the icemaker is faulty .

If it does start to move, remove the jumper wire and let the unit cycle .

if it does cycle and goes completely around and does not fill with water , you will need to replace the water inlet valve in the rear of the unit .

this will show where L, N and T ,H are located on the front module of the icemaker.

where you able to diagnosis the issue ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is exactly what I needed to know. Its the water inlet valve. The unit run a cycle just no water.

Sorry if I came off as a butt, not my intent.

Thank You,

J.D. no problem .

do you need a water valve part number for your model ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope. Got the part and all fixed.

Thank You.

JD glad to hear it .

Thank you !