Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an affinity front load washer model #fafw3511kwo. It

I have an affinity front load washer model #fafw3511kwo. It started buzzing at the start of the spin cycle, then it wouldn't kick into the spin cycle. i unplugged the washer to reset, tried to run a test load, now the water won't run water either, it did agitate, after 10 to 15 minutes the washer timer had only lost 4 minutes then went to a paus on the led display what could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a fairly common problem and easy to fix. The buzzing noise is coming from the door latch assembly. There is a PTC sensor inside that will stop the washer from spinning if it gets too bad. When the problem progresses, PAUSE will flash on the screen to tell you that it thinks the door opened after you press the start button. You just need to order and replace the door latch behind the front panel of your washer to fix the issue. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is there a way i can test that thought process? or somthing else that could be happening at the same time. Thank you

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing else that would cause this problem but a bad control board not reading the door latch assembly problem. Unfortunately the PTC sensor inside the latch is not testable, so this is not something you can test other than by monitoring the symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will order the part and try this. thank you for your help please respond so i can give your rating. I'm changing my setting so i can still contact you after i get the part

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good, but this should definitely fix your problem if you install it properly.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard back from you so I'm just checking in to see how the washer is doing?