Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire smooth top stove fef379ach. The control

I have a Frigidaire smooth top stove fef379ach. The control board does not work or turn on unless a stove knob is turned. Even then, the stoves do not turn on and neither does the oven. I replaced the control unit thinking that was the problem but it has not resolved the issue. What could my problem be?

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! You are missing one side of the 240 VAC required to run your range. Turn the breaker off and back on and see if ti comes to life. If it does not, please do not rate but simply reply back to me and we can continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i had reset the breaker prior to replacing the control board. it did not resolve the issue. Ny other thoughts? should i replace the breaker?

You definitely have a power supply issue. Do you have a meter to test voltage with? Have you inspected the cord connections?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not have meter but will gain accesx to one. i have checked all connections several times and they zre all secure/correct.

Okay, then you have an issue at the breaker box. You are missing the L1 side of the power. When you turn a burner on, the L2 connection is being connected through the burner and back feeding through to the L1 side. Once you get the power corrected, the range will work fine. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.