Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi we have a Whirlpool Duet Model WFW9151YW 00 (serial #

Customer Question

we have a Whirlpool Duet Model WFW9151YW 00 (serial # XXXXX 14863364) and the on-off button is stuck in the depressed or in position and is not springing back out as it should. We are unable to get the washer to start except by unplugging then replugging in the washer and then depressing the start button.
What can be done about this ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So hopefully the button is just stuck and you acn take the interface control board off to reset the button in place. If the button is actually broken, that is part of the entire interface board adn the entire enterface board would need to be replaced to fix this issue which is about $250 normally. That being said, below is a video that shows you how to take this washer apart so that you can remove the interface board and check out the start button.

Good luck and I hope it's just the button being stuck. Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have watched the video but do not have time to do this now (lunch hour & need to get back to work).

The video seems to be all about removingthe interface control / circuit board box to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair replacement? I was am hoping this is not necessary!

I will rate the service after I give it a try.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok, good luck. The circuit board is usually only sent back to the manufacturer if it's not longer made to be refurbished. Your part is still made so if something is broken, you would need to order a new board. Hopefully it's just a stuck button---but in my experience that is usually not the case.