Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a GTS18WC GE refrig. It stopped making ice. I replaced

I have a GTS18WC GE refrig. It stopped making ice. I replaced the ice maker, water valve, and water line from the valve to the ice maker. Water is coming to the water valve, but not to the ice maker. The elbow at the back of the refrig going to the ice maker was frozen. I thawed it, and know it is open. still no water coming to the ice maker. how long does it take for the ice maker to allow the valve to fill it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

When you received your ice maker do you remember the part number? You may be able to run a test depending on what number it is.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a replacement GE WR30X10093
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the switch for more than 10 seconds. Turn it on and press the white paddle at the bottom all the way in and out 3 times in less than 6 seconds. Try a few times if it does not go the first time. Did it rotate and fill?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will try and see if that works. is there a delay after installation

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is about a 4 hour delay for the ice maker to get cold. This test will tell you if all is good and the ice maker is just not cold enough yet. I am sure that is all it is but I wanted to be sure. And look if you would like to wait 4 hours to see if it dumps ice that will be fine. I think it just has not become cold enough yet.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating so that I am compensated. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.