Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool model gge350 double oven that wont self

I have a Whirlpool model gge350 double oven that won't self clean. When the clean button is pressed all I get is a beep on both the upper & lower ovens.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So on this oven you need to press a lot more than just the "clean" button to set the oven for clean unfortunately.

To Self-Clean:

1. Close the oven door.
2. Press PRECISE CLEAN™. “CLEAN,” “SET,” and “UPPER” or “LOWER” will flash in the display.

3. Press PRESETS. MEd (Medium soil, 3 hours) appears in the display. If the door is not closed, oven will beep and “door” will appear in the display until the door is closed and the Clean pad is pressed again. If the door is not closed within 30 seconds, the self-cleaning operation will be canceled and the display will return to the time of day.

4. To choose a clean setting other than medium, press PRESETS to scroll through the self-cleaning settings. HVy (heavy soil, 4 hours) MEd (medium soil, 3 hours) LITE (light soil, 2 hours) Choosing the soil level of the oven automatically programs the self-cleaning time.

5. After 4 seconds, the oven will start cleaning. “CLEAN” will appear in the display. “LOCK” will flash in the display. Once both the oven doors lock, “LOCK” will remain lit. The cleaning time will count down in the display.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, I meant to say I have pressed the "precise clean" button & only get a beeping.

Doors are securely shut & seals seem to be in place securely.

OK so if the display won't change at all, try to unplug the oven or turn the circuit breaker off to the oven to see if the electronics will reset. If it still won't work, then the display control board would would need to be replaced I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Flipped the breaker switch & she's cleaning!

You're amazing and than you for your help.Laughing

awesome, I'm glad it was a simple fix.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Me, too!

Have a great day!

Thank you for using Justanswer.com again.