Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kitchenaid dishwasher mod kud102crbs0. Cust states that trys

Kitchenaid dishwasher mod kud102crbs0. Cust states that trys to start and the light between. The cancel and start starts blinking and thats it. I cant find the tech sheet. Help.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Ok perfect, I'm glad you're in front of the machine. So it will blink both start and cancel at the same time when you try to start the machine? How do you stop it from blinking? Do you have to turn the circuit breaker off or??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just found the tech sheet and it pointed towards the door latch. i made sure the latch was making good contact and booyah , she works

awesome, I'm glad it's all working again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

opened my mouth to soon .opened and closed the door and poof ,no work. still tnink its the latch?ii do

It sounds like it. Pull that metal door striker at the top of the tub down and bend it so that it slides just over top of the inner door liner when you shut the door. Often times the striker will bend "up" over time and not make good contact with the door switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no amount of wiggling helped. door lock

ok, so you said that both the "start" and the "cancel" button light are flashing right? Because those are two different lights and not designed to flash at the same time. Can you tell me how you're able to stop it from flashing? Or will it not stop?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

press .cancel

Hmm ok, a bit strange but it sounds like a control board issue because those flashing lights actually mean it's a shorted touchpad, but they shouldn't stop flashing by just pressing cancel. Try to reset the control board. Press "high temp scrub, heated dry, High temp scrub, heated dry, high temp scrub, heated dry, high temp scrub, heated dry, high temp scrub"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

Try the unit again and if you still have problems, I'd probably replace the control board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only light that comes on is the between the start and cancel,not both

OK then that just means that the dishwasher doesn't think the door is shut. Disconnect the 2 wires on the door switch and put a jumper wire between the 2 wires in case the switch is bad. If the dishwasher starts up, replace the door switch. If it still won't start---replace the control board.