John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE Profile top loading washing machine. At the drain

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile top loading washing machine. At the drain cycle, a considerable amount of water leaks on the floor even though it is draining out of the drain tube. I took the bottom of the washer off (after running a cycle through) to look and see if I could see water leaking from somewhere, but everything is dry except for the metal bottom. Last time this happened, the rubber hose going from the pump to the drain tube was split. I double checked that and it's dry.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Those screws being loose could cause leakage, yes. They help to hold the seal tight. Can you run a cycle and see if the peak presents with the front panel off? Can you see any leakage under the tub where the transmission shaft enters the tub? Is it noisy when it spins?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not making noises in the spin cycle. There is also a black rubber tube that is hanging out on the inside, not connected to anything. It is on the left side of the washer if you are looking at it from the front. Not sure if it is supposed to be unhooked?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
That is the overflow in case the tub fills too high. It keeps the water off the motor and other electric components. If you start a cycle and then drain it, can you see the leak? Any splash marks on the inside of the cabinet at about the same level as the bottom of the tub?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The water is coming out of that black hose that's not connected to anything. Also, I noticed that while the washer is filling up, it is making gurgling noises.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Is the tub very full?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope, I figured it out. That black rubber hose that was disconnected goes up to where the bleach dispenser is at the top of the washer. Not sure how it came undone, but no more leaking water.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
That is great, nice work! I will forward your question for a refund since you found it on your own, if you would like.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That would be great, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
On the way...thanks!