Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Frigidaire Affinity front load washer and it keeps

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Affinity front load washer and it keeps getting stuck on spin with 6 min to go. I have shut it off and tried just the spin setting, the rinse and spin setting and it's been 4 hours. I'll never get my laundry done this way!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXX, X will be assisting you with this problem today :)

The problem here is something is clogging the drain filter part #40 in the schematic below.

Pull the machine out from the wall then take the panel off in the rear. Once off you will see the drain pump. Disconnect the drain pipe running from the tub to the pump then pull the drain filter out, once you have cleaned the drain filter out you will be all set :)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news :)

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service" or above so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks! and have a great day. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not see the drain pump and the drawing does not help. Nothing is labeled and it's a poor drawing.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
It's the drawing the manufacturer provides, You would need to take the panel off in the rear then you will see the pump situated right under the tub with a rubber hose running from the tub to the pump. the filter is inside this drain pipe. I will see if I can find a picture.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
This is about the best picture I can find of the drain pipe the filter sits inside.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

This is connected to the pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is only one hose and it runs along the bottom right of the machine toward the front. Are we talking about a Frigidaire Affinity front loader?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes we are, It's a bit tougher to get to it from the rear but quicker, if you cant reach it from the rear then you will have to take the machine apart. Below I have included a video that will show you how.

Click here to view the video

Normally I'd get to it from the back although a bit of a stretch :)

Thanks! and have a great day. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, what you're telling me is that I can't actually reach or see it when I open the back panel and I have to take the whole thing apart?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What I am saying is I would normally get to it from the rear but then I have long reach, If you however cant reach the pump from the rear you will have to do it the tougher way and take the machine apart :(

It looks tough but it really is not if you follow the video, once the door panel is off you can get to the pump and clean the drain filter out.

Thanks! and have a great day. :)

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I see you have rated me bad service, can I ask why? was there something you did not understand or something I can clarify for you?

Please remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service" or above so that I my gain credit for my time and effort

Please consider adjusting your rating since the rating you gave stays with me pertinently and effects my ability to answer questions for other customers in the future.

Thanks!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,