Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag refridgarator model #MFI2568AEB12. Came home

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refridgarator model #MFI2568AEB12.
Came home the other nite and all the "idot" lites were flashing and the ice chute door was flapping open and shut. I took the panel off and unhooked the wires. I got the panel to stop flashing. I ordered part #67006294 Board, L.V. The company called me and said I could not return it and to ask you first if this will solve my problem. If you want to call me I'm at home XXX-XXX-XXXX.
Thanks,
Larry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this will NOT solve the problem, please don't order the L.V. control board. This is a really common problem, but you actually need the HIGH VOLTAGE control board. It's mounted to the back of your refrigerator about half way up the back. You'll need to order part number W10310240 to fix this issue. It will come with instructions on how to program the board so be sure not to throw away the white sheet of paper inside with the programming instructions.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I take the HV control board off now or do I have to wait until I receive the new one?? Also will it hurt to plug in the wire which will make the fridge blink??

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I would wait until you have the new one just to be certain all the wires go back into the correct area. It does not hurt to leave the wires plugged and have the lights blink, but the flapper flapping can get annoying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Makes sense to wait. Thanks that flapping noise would drive me up a wall.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
no problem. And sorry to hear about your refrigerator problems but hopefully the part comes soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I installed the part today which was very easy, and now the fridge is blinkng PEO OOO. And none of the idot lights are working.

Can you help me please?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There should be a sheet of paper that came with the control board. PEO OOO means that you haven't programmed the control board and the sheet of paper tells you how to program it. This is the white sheet of paper that I mentioned to you before.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doc, Yes a white piece of paper came in the box but it does not say anything about a PEO OOO code. I could fax the white sheet to you so you could look it over.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately we can't communicate any other way than through this dialogue box. But if it doesn't say anything about how to program the control board then below is something that MIGHT work.

Press and hold the door alarm keypad
Press and hold the freezer temp down pad
Release the door alarm pad
Wait 3 seconds then release the freezer down keypad
The control should display PE to indicate you are in the programming mode.
Entry is confirmed by pressing the freezer temp down pad once more.
The control should display the current code. Your code is on the serial # plate. Should be 0302. NOTE! If the correct code is not displayed the you will have to change the code.
If the correct code is displayed , simply open the refrigerator door and the control will reboot.

If the correct code is not displayed do the following:

Press the refrigerator temperature up pad or the refrigerator down temp pad to change the digit value.
The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the freezer temperature up pad to select the next digit.
Once the desired program code is displayed press and hold the freezer temp down pad until the program code begins to flash. Then just wait and everything should reset. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

You have 3 minutes to do this reprogram or the unit will shut you out and you will need to start over!

Now if that doesn't get your control board working again return the board and make sure your new one has the programming instructions because you can't get your refrigerator to work without them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've tried it but the code doesn't work. do you know of another code that could be used?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can try 0302 but I'm not sure if it will work even if it does program into the board.