Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a sung refrigerator madel 266ABPN. The ice cube tray

I have a sung refrigerator madel 266ABPN. The ice cube tray fills up too much and the cubes come out all stuck together
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Paul my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Could the model number be
RF266ABPN? There are a few letters missing.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is the full model no. I replaced water filter 2 weeks ago

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay, I wanted to be sure there was no water level adjustment and there is not one. What is happening is the water inlet valve is leaking by. Like a faucet as they wear they will start to drip and that is adding too much water into the ice maker.

The inlet valve is the first part your homes water supply connects to. To replace it UNPLUG THE UNIT. Turn off the water, remove the screws holding it on and pull it out where you can work with it. If you look where the plastic lines go into the valve you will see a white or yellow ring. Press that down in toward the valve while pressing the line in at the same time. Then pull the line out while holding the ring down. Simply push the line in the new valve and give it a light tug to be sure its seated.

CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic

Once you get all the water lines changed pull a wire connector off the old valve and push it on the new. Do that one at a time so you do not get them mixed up. Thats it. Plug up the unit and turn everything on and it will all start automatically.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/DA6200914B/2034441?RCAID=1000064

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating so that I am compensated. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.