Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I needed to remove dishes from dishwasher before the dry cycle

I needed to remove dishes from dishwasher before the dry cycle was finished so I pressed CANCEL. Now when I try to start a new wash load the START & wASH light will not stop flashing and nothing happens. I messed up something!! How do I get my dishwasher to work again?
Maytag mdbh949paw bought in June of 2012.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the unit isn't quite a year old which means that you may just want to call warranty because they will come out and fix it at no charge. That being said, try to turn the circuit breaker on your house off to the dishwasher for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you can try to reset the control board by pressing a sequence of buttons. To reset the control board, press "high temp wash (or high temp wash whatever it's called on your control panel), heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights should go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

If that doesn't work, call warranty because you either have a shorted control board or touchpad and they will repair that at no charge.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.