Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Model A-18 Ice makeer in my Kenmore Refrigerator and

Customer Question

I have a Model A-18 Ice makeer in my Kenmore Refrigerator and it was slow at first installation than it improved. It has quit working altogether at this teme. I checked the 4 ducts on the rear of the compoartment and removed anything that might be blocking those vents. Nothing !
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your refrigerator so that I can better assist you please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its gonna take a minute. hold On

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK the Ice Maker is AD-18 and the Serial number on the Kenmore Refrigerator is 253.78889014
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK perfect, thank you. So this refrigerator is actually made by Frigidaire for Sears if you ever needed to know that in the future. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not received an answer. I received a flash note that siad I was not entitled to an answer?????
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Aye, I'm not sure why the answer didn't go through, but here is what I said;