Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

the buttons on my ge front load washer doesnt work. there is

the buttons on my ge front load washer doesnt work. there is a red lock symbol that appears and no buttons work not even the power button
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so to the right of the START button and to the left of the DELAY button, there is a lock button that doesn't really look like a button. Either way, press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds and the control panel should unlock.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that button isnt working neither is any other button one the washer

If that doesn't work then try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If nothing works, then unfortunately the interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced because it's shorted for one reason or another. The interface control board is the part right behind your display and costs about $250. The part number is XXXXX