Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a LG Tromm DLE5977w Electric Dryer. The unit will not

I have a LG Tromm DLE5977w Electric Dryer. The unit will not heat at all- the cooling light is on continuely and the dry light flashes on and off- I have comfirmed the power to teh unit is good and the unit is venting correctly- where do i go next??
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you'll need to take this dryer apart to test the different thermostats. You'll also need a multimeter to test all the different thermostats to see if they have continuity when you disconnect the wires to them. This is really not an easy to get inside the dryer unfortunately. To gain access, you need to pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer and vent assembly.

This is really not an easy to get inside the dryer unfortunately. To gain access, you need to pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer and vent assembly.

If you look at the diagram below F140, and K560 shoud have continuity through them and if not, replace them. K550 is your thermistor and should have 9800 ohms resistance.

If any of them don't have continuity or test correct with resistance, then you need to replace. If all of them test good then replace the control board.

graphic

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.