Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Kenmore ultra fabric care model # XXXXX 92283100 It

I have a Kenmore ultra fabric care model # XXXXX 92283100

It has a strange noise in the agitator. It sounds like back lash. When you put a slight load on the top of the agitator such as your finger tips or a very large load of cloths it will go away.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today :)

Does the noise sound like a grating noise or rasping? If you hold the agitator will it stop turning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to not get back to you sooner but it went into my spam.

You cannot stop the agitator and its not a scraping noise just back lash.

I do not know as to how the agitator connects to the drive but it sounds as if there is lash between the drive gears or belt if that is how it is driven.

Ok there are only a couple of things that can cause this noise, If the machine washes ok then only one.

Sounds to me like the dogs are stripped on the agitator. Below I have included a video that will show you how to do this inexpensive repair.

Click here to view the video.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news :)

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service" or above so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks! and have a great day. :)

Hi Warren,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,