Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

ice maker the cubes dont freeze all the way, whirlpool 6d

ice maker the cubes do'nt freeze all the way, whirlpool 6d22ddxfn00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Does the ice maker keep rotating over and over or is it dumping cubes that have water in them?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cubes have water in them

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ray, there is a part causing that problem. Give me time to get a diagram ready to upload and a part number for you.

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is new ice maker

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Brand new?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its about month old

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Wow that is very unusual. There is a thermostat in the ice maker that sense's when the ice is ready to dump. I have put the diagram for it below. Nothing else but that part tells the ice when to dump. There is an piece of bi-metal in that part and when it gets cold enough that bi-metal flips, that sends the power to the ice maker motor and it dumps. The heater and the warm water flip the bi-metal back again then it sits waiting to cool off again. Some ice makers that part sticks into the first cube mold. You should look and see if there is something covering it there. Not all are all the way through into the mold but you should look.

If you see nothing there you should try returning it. If they will not take it back I have linked the part below for you. When you change it be sure to put some food grade sealant around the outside edge of the part to seal it before inserting it into the hole.

To get to it remove the white cover, remove the 4 phillips screws and you can see it there after you remove the tan part.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Icemaker-Mold-Thermostat/627985/2942?RCAID=1000064

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphicgraphic
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.