Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a sr90e 80lt upright fridge freezer which has all of

I have a sr90e 80lt upright fridge freezer which has all of a sudden started cuting in and out. It stops and starts aprox 4 times every 10 seconds. If I turn it off for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on it runs for about 30 seconds and then starts cutting in and out again. It does the same on either 12 volt or 240 volt. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Gavin.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect the relay may be faulty on the compressor. Do you hear clicking as it cycles on and off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank s Kelly, no I dont hear any clicking as it cuts in and out. Iturned it off for 4 hours while it defrosted and it is clear of ice. When I turned it back on it ran for a couple of minutes and then started cutting in and out again.

Hmmm, so when it cuts out, does it go totally silent and turn back on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes , just as if it is doing its normal thing

It sounds like the power supply has issues and will need to be replaced. It is part number 25 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

It is available below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You

You are very welcome.